Monday, August 2, 2010

HH - The Paza Tavern

This week we will be visiting The Plaza Tavern for our Hamburger Taste Test.  We chose this location prior to finding out that Wednesday's special is $2 Micro Bottles.... all Capital Brewery beers (as well as Blue Moon) are only $2.  It's like the cherry on top... or maybe the plaza sauce on top??

The Plaza was one of the first places we ate after moving to Madison 11 years ago, based on many recommendations.   Since leaving the UW, I haven't been back.  I'm looking forward to the reunion...

The very straight-forward menu can be found here - http://www.theplazatavern.com/menu.html

Check back after Wednesday in the comments section to the post to read the diner's feedback.

3 comments:

  1. I ordered the plaza cheeseburger and fried mushrooms.

    first the scores...
    a. The Patty - 3.5
    b. The Toppings 5
    c. The Atmosphere 3.5
    d. The Sides 3

    Of course the plaza sauce was the highlight of the evening. I would love to see a texas toast type bread, or sour dough to make the hamburger slightly more substantial and crunchy. Next time I go I will follow jody's lead and get raw onions on the burger.

    The mushrooms were quite yummy, though I wish I had ordered a side of plaza sauce to dip them in.

    all in all a pleasing dinner that, I think, will be better the next time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the plaza cheeseburger with raw onion and a side of onion rings.

    My ratings:
    a. The Patty - 3.5 it was juicy, but needed to be a bit more substantial.
    b. The Toppings - 4.5 the plaza sauce definitely made the sandwich, the crunch of the raw onion also was a nice touch. I also liked the pile of dill pickles on the plate.
    c. The Atmosphere - 4 total flashback in time
    d. The Sides - 4.5 lots of options and my onion rings were nice and crunchy.

    Very tasty burger and I agree with Nicci, I'll order up extra sauce next time for dipping my onion rings. I did appreciate my $2 Supper Club brew!

    Can I award bonus points for the proximity to the gelato shop?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnna posted.
    I had the plaza burger with onion rings and cole slaw.
    a. The patty--3.5 is about right. Its a little small but delicious.
    b. the toppings. the sauce is delicious and tangy. 5.
    c. the atmosphere--absolutely a throwback. 3.
    d. the sides--I've had better onion rings here before but cole slaw was great. 4.

    ReplyDelete